Google Nest WiFi Learning Thermostat
Programmed to remember what temperatures you like, learn your schedule, and save energy.
GE Cync Smart Wi-Fi Thermostat
Offers remote temperature control, voice control, custom scheduling, and more.
ecobee Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat Premium
A premium smart IoT thermostat that provides both savings and comfort.
EMERSON Sensi Touch Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat
Easy to install and includes everything you need to make your home more comfortable and efficient.
Smart IoT thermostats are an amazing way to modernize your home and make it more energy efficient.
They come with a variety of features like a touchscreen and app-controlled temperature adjustments, voice control for hands-free use, air quality monitoring, and much more.
All these features can help keep your home comfortable while still saving you money.
The following smart thermostats are the best on the market right now, ranked and reviewed to help you choose the right one for your home.
The Google Nest WiFi Learning Thermostat is programmed to remember what temperatures you like, learn your schedule, and save energy.
You can control it with your mobile device, and it is compatible with many other smart home products.
- Installation is easy (less than 30 minutes!)
- Features a larger display for better readability. It even includes Farsight so you can read it easily from across the room.
- Connects to Google Assistant for voice controls, and combines with other smart devices such as smart locks and garage doors for additional functionality.
- If the temperature is too low or too high, you’ll get an alert on your mobile device.
- Learns your schedule and heating/cooling preferences and adjusts accordingly, reducing overall energy usage by up to 20%.
The Google Nest WiFi Smart Learning Thermostat usually costs around $328.99.
The Google Nest WiFi Smart Learning Thermostat is an ideal solution for households and offices where people are often coming and going.
Be sure to check your existing heating and cooling systems before buying, as this product is compatible with forced air, heat pump, radiant or central HVAC systems, but will not work with electric baseboard heating. Shop now.
The ecobee Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat Premium is a smart IoT thermostat that provides both savings and comfort.
Save up to 26% on heating and cooling costs by programming based on your routine, and combine with other smart devices for ultimate convenience.
- Monitors the air quality in your home and will send alerts, tips, and air filter notifications to your mobile device.
- Includes a 50% larger touchscreen than the previous model and a sleeker design.
- Compatible with leading smart home ecosystems including Apple HomeKit, Alexa, Google Assistant, and more.
- Includes a built-in smoke alarm detector and freeze detection to prevent burst pipes.
The ecobee Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat Premium is $329.99 at ecobee.
The ecobee Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat Premium is a great choice for any living space in need of the whole temperature control package.
The GE Cync Smart Wi-Fi Thermostat offers remote temperature control, voice control, custom scheduling, and more to save you money and improve your home’s overall efficiency.
- Control the temperature of your home from anywhere using the Cync App.
- Add CYNC Room Temperature Sensors in rooms where your thermostat isn’t located to get even more customized comfort.
- Compatible with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa for convenient voice control.
- Save energy by enabling the thermostat’s eco mode when you’re not home and monitor your HVAC’s usage.
- CYNC offers numerous other smart devices.
The CYNC Smart Wi-Fi Thermostat is $168.41 on Amazon
The CYNC Smart Thermostat is a no-nonsense smart IoT thermostat with all the basic features you need for more comfortable living.
The Google Nest Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat is a standard smart IoT thermostat for increasing energy efficiency.
The user-friendly design makes it easy to control your home’s temperature in or away from home using the app or voice assistant.
- The Nest Thermostat will send alerts if it notices any issues with your HVAC system.
- Create a schedule in the Google Home app and it will automatically turn itself down when you aren’t home.
- Connect to Google Assistant for voice control.
- It is ENERGY STAR certified, meaning the Google Nest Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat is optimized for energy efficiency.
The Google Nest Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat is $179.99 at Best Buy.
The Google Nest Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat is a budget-friendly smart IoT thermostat option for households looking for the basics without compromising on efficiency.
It is compatible with HVAC systems, and in most cases there is no common (“C”) wire required, making installation even easier. Shop now.
Honeywell’s T9 Smart Thermostat works with Smart Room Sensors to help you adjust the temperature from anywhere and see each room’s temperature and humidity.
This smart IoT thermostat also offers classic features such as remote adjustments and alerts.
- The multi-room display on the thermostat’s touch screen or in the app shows rooms based on occupancy or your chosen schedule.
- Works toward creating an average temperature, balancing the needs across the whole home.
- Control and monitor from anywhere in the app
- Get alerts if temperatures rise above or fall below your threshold or if it’s time to change your air filter
- It has location-based home and away modes to automatically adjust your temperature.
The Honeywell Thermostat with Smart Room Sensor is currently $189.99 at Honeywell.
The Honeywell Thermostat with Smart Room Sensor is a great choice for any space in need of a standard smart IoT thermostat at a reasonable price.
Check out Honeywell’s other smart home products here, plus it is compatible with most smart home devices and assistants. Shop Now.
The EMERSON Sensi Touch Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat is easy to install and includes everything you need to make your home more comfortable and efficient.
It is even designed to fit in the place of any standard thermostat for minimal disruption.
- Sensi sends smart alerts when it detects extreme temperature or humidity changes.
- Displays change color based on when your system is heating or cooling, and the back glow is perfect for nighttime or low lighting.
- Compatible with smart home systems such as Google Home and Apple HomeKit for seamless smart home integration.
- The geofencing feature changes the temperature based on your location
- Use the Sensi app to program a schedule that fits your lifestyle for each day of the week.
The EMERSON Sensi Touch Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat is $189 on Amazon.
The EMERSON Sensi Touch Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat is a great option with all the basic smart IoT thermostat features and flexible compatibility options. Shop Now.
The Wyze Programmable Smart Thermostat puts the control of your home in your hands. Its intuitive features, programmability, and compatibility with virtual assistants make it one of the best budget options available.
- Create custom daily schedules and control the temperature from the mobile app from anywhere.
- Installation takes less than 30 minutes and includes a C-wire adapter for homes without a C-wire.
- Connect to Google Assistant or Alexa for convenient voice control.
- Automatically turns on and off based on the built-in motion sensor and phone location to save energy.
The Wyze Programmable Smart WiFi Thermostat is $129 on Amazon.
The Wyze Programmable Smart WiFi Thermostat has all the basic features of a smart IoT thermostat at an accessible price.
Its small, sleek design fits well into any space and installation is quick and easy. Shop now.
Smart thermostats are an increasingly popular home technology choice, offering users adaptable and accessible temperature regulation.
Automating the controls of your building’s heating and cooling system through a single device, a smart thermostat can be programmed to respond to your specific needs, allowing you to set temperatures quickly and effectively while cutting down on unnecessary energy expenditure.
A smart IoT thermostat has the same purpose as a regular thermostat but with the addition of more capabilities such as WiFi connection for remote temperature adjustments and mobile device sync.
Smart IoT thermostats can be programmed to remember your settings and preferences to automatically adjust the temperature in your home when you’re coming or going, and they integrate with other systems in your home such as lighting or security.
Smart thermostats should feature voice commands, a touchscreen, a corresponding mobile app, custom programming and remote control capabilities, temperature sensors, geofencing, scheduling capabilities, and compatibility with other smart home products.
Voice command features allow users to quickly make powerful changes using simple commands rather than having to search through menus or apps.
Temperature sensors keep track of the environment in different locations for more accurate readings when making adjustments.
Geofencing permits automated temperature settings when a certain distance is achieved from a pre-set location, so it can adjust automatically when you come home from work or go out of town.
Scheduling options provide a bigger picture of your heating and cooling needs by allowing custom profiles or the use of third-party services like weather forecasts that may show changing temperatures from day to day.
Finally, compatibility with other devices lets smart thermostats become part of larger “smart home” systems for optimal efficiency and control.
Having an intuitive interface is also key to ensuring users can easily navigate between screens and options such as real-time updates on energy usage or weather forecasts.
Yes, HVAC systems can certainly benefit from the use of smart IoT thermostats.
They even enable more accurate temperature readings than conventional thermostats, so you can better monitor the performance of your HVAC system while keeping comfort conditions consistent throughout your home.
Investing in a smart IoT thermostat for your cooling system may very well be one of the best investments that you make for your home this year.
Much like with a heating system, smart IoT thermostats provide more consistent temperature levels and reduced energy costs, with the convenience of being able to control the settings from anywhere with a connected device.
In some cases, you can leverage data from your smart thermostat in utilities quoting applications.
Smart IoT thermostats offer a multitude of benefits to homeowners and business owners seeking to up their energy savings and control their home’s comfort.
These 7 options are leading the market, and whether you’re looking for convenience or lower utility costs, a smart IoT thermostat is the perfect solution.